This course is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners
Reference number: 0329/2016EA
VENUE: Ninewells Hospital, Dundee
This practical surgical skills workshop is ideally suited to all primary care team members: GPs, GPSI’s, GP registrars, GP Trainers and Practice nurses involved in basic surgical procedures.
The Primary Care Surgical Skills Course provides hands-on experience using synthetic and tissue models, videos with practical tuition from experienced tutors. It will utilise online pre-course learning material to maximise time spent on practical activities.
- Safe usage of surgical instruments
- Punch biopsies, shaving & curettage
- Local anaesthetic infiltration
- Elliptical excision of simple lesion
- Excision of Epidermoid Cyst
- Excision of Lipoma
- Wound Closures with:- Interrupted sutures, Vertical mattress suture, Inverted Interrupted suture and Continuous subcuticular suture
If you are interested in attending the Joint Injection Course the following day on 30th May, please complete the online registration form https://cuschieri.dundee.ac.uk/courses/general-practice/principles-joint...